当前位置:首页 -英语作文 - 关于人物的英语作文 - 正文*

King of Oral English (9) |英语口语王(9)

I 天天用短句

That’s the way it goes. 就是这个样子。
如果对方所说,你觉得没错,本来就是这样的情况,就用此句。这句话内含“安慰”别人的意思——尤其是当别人遇到不如意的事情时。
A: I met a great guy at the restaurant last week. He asked for my number and I gave it to him, then he never called. 上周我在餐馆遇到一个不错的小伙子,他要了我的电话号码,我给了他,但他从未打给我。
B: That’s the way it goes with men. 男人就是这个样子。
A: Yesterday the weather report said it was going to rain, so I took my umbrella and it was clear all day. Then today it said fair skies, so I didn’t take my umbrella and of course, it poured and I got soaked. 昨天天气预报说会下雨,我就带了雨伞,结果整天放晴。今天又说是个好天气,所以我当然没带雨伞,结果大雨倾盆,害得我浑身湿透。
  B: That’s the way it goes. 唉,天气预报就是这个样子。

II 传情达意句

讨厌与厌烦
I’m not at all keen on that sort of job. 我根本不喜欢那种工作。
  A: What do you think of being a secretary? 当秘书怎么样?
  B: I’m not at all keen on that sort of job. It makes me crazy. 我根本不喜欢那种工作,简直使我发疯。
I don’t care for meat. 我不喜欢吃肉。
A: I don’t care for meat. I’m afraid of putting on weight. 我不喜欢吃肉。我担心发胖。
B: Vegetarian meals are simply unbearable to me. 吃饭没有肉我简直难以忍受。
There’s nothing I like less than that. 我最不喜欢的莫过于此了。
  = There is nothing I dislike more than that.
I don’t think highly of it. 我不大喜欢。
  A: How do you like the poem? 你觉得这首诗怎么样?
  B: Personally I don’t think highly of it. 我个人不大喜欢。
I can’t stick to this kind of thing. 我不能容忍这种事情。
  A: I can’t stick to this kind of thing. 我不能容忍这种事情。
  B: Yes, it’s really disgusting. 是的,确实令人厌恶。
I hate his guts. 我对他恨之入骨。
  A: He always lies. 他总是撒谎。
  B: I hate his guts. 我对他恨之入骨。
It’s for the birds. 真没意思。
  = It sucks.
  = It’s no good.
It’s nothing much. 没什么了不起的。
  A: He won the champion. 他得了冠军。
  B: It’s nothing much. 没什么了不起的。
I can’t get into my study. 我对学习没兴趣。
  = I can’t get excited about my study.
  ◆I can’t concentrate on my study. 我不能专心学习。
He’s like a broken record. 他使人厌烦。
  ◆He really wears me on. 他的确令我感到在受折磨。
III 生活场景句

在医院

在医院
3. 买药
Can you fill this prescription for me? 你能替我按这个处方开药吗?
  ◆Can I get this prescription filled? 这处方这儿能配吗?
  A: Can you fill this prescription for me? 你能替我按这个处方开药吗?
  B: Sure. Let me have it. 好的。请把处方给我。
I have diarrhea. Do you have medicine for it? 我拉肚子,有什么药可以吃吗?
  ◆I feel very sore in my knees. What ought I to do? 我膝盖很疼,你看该吃什么药?
I’d like some pain-killing drugs. 我想买点儿止痛药。
  A: I’d like some pain-killing drugs. 我想买点儿止痛药。
  B: Here you are. Take before eating. 给您。饭前服用。
Are these tablets available over the counter? 这些药片是非处方药吗?
  A: Are these tablets available over the counter? 这些药片是非处方药吗?
  B: No. The prescription is needed. 不是。它们是处方药。
Could you tell me how to take this medicine? 这药如何服用?
  = How do I take this medicine?
  A: Could you tell me how to take this medicine? 这药如何服用?
  B: You should take one of these pills three times a day. 我建议你这种药一天三次,一次一片。
Does this drug have any side effects? 这种药有副作用吗?
  A: Does this drug have any side effects? 这种药有副作用吗?
  B: Yes. It will probably make you drowsy. 有,可能会使你昏昏沉沉。

4. 复查

Would you please do a physical reexamination for me? 您能帮我复查一下吗?
  A: Would you please do a physical reexamination for me? 您能帮我复查一下吗?
  B: It’s my pleasure. 没问题。
Can I dispense with the pills? 我可以停药了吗?
  A: Can I dispense with the pills? 我可以停药了吗?
B: I’m afraid not. 恐怕不行。
You’re on the mend now. 您正在恢复中。
  ◆You’re a convalescent now. 你正在恢复当中。
You have completely recovered. 您已经完全康复了。
  ◆You have quite recovered from your illness. 您已经痊愈了。