当前位置:首页 -英语作文 - 关于人物的英语作文 - 正文*

King of Oral English (2)|英语口语王(2)

I 天天用短句

1. Just about. 差不多了。
用于表示“不是全部,但大部分是……”的时候,比如父母问我们作业做完了没有,此时你想回答“差不多了”,就可以说just about.
a. A: Are you through doing your homework? 你的家庭作业做完了没?
    B: Just about. I only have three more exercises to go. 差不多了,还剩三道题。
b. A: Has it stopped raining? 雨停了没?
    B: Just about. It’s still drizzling a little bit. 差不多停了,只是还下着毛毛细雨。

2. After you. 你先请。
这句话是客气的表示方法。在进入餐厅、排队、购物、乘电梯、上车等公共场合,为了表示礼让,就可以说这句话。尤其是有女性在场的时候,更应身体力行ladies first原则。
    A: How long do you think we’ll have to wait for a table? 你认为我们要等多久才会有桌子呢?
    B: It shouldn’t be much longer. 应该不会太久的。
    A: Oh, look, there’re some people leaving now. 喔,瞧,现在有人要走了。
    B: That should be our table. 那应该是我们的桌子。
    A: Oh, good. Let’s go. 喔,太好了。我们过去吧。
    B: After you. 你先请。
 

II 传情达意句

1. 相信
a. I take your words for it. 我相信你的话。
    = I believe what you said.
    = I think what you said is true.
b. I can trust her word. 我可以相信她说的话。
    A: Linda said she could do it. 琳达说她能做。
    B: I can trust her word. 我可以相信她说的话。
c. That’s my thing. 这我相信。
    = That’s where I am.
    = That can be believed.
d. I have great belief in his ability. 我完全相信他的能力。
    = I can give full credit to his ability.
2. 怀疑
a. Get out of it! 别瞎说了!
    A: Surely you can turn to David for help. 你当然可以找大卫帮忙。
    B: Get out of it! He is the last one you can rely on. 别瞎说了!他是最不可信赖的人。
b. I don’t have great belief in ads. 我不太相信广告的宣传。
    A: The ad says one must do exercise with their equipment to keep healthy. 广告说要想健康就得用他们的器材多锻炼。
    B: I don’t have great belief in ads. What they really want is to get more money from you. 我不太相信广告的宣传。他们只想多赚你的钱。
c. Never tell me! 我才不信呢!
    = Tell me another!
    = That story isn’t good enough for me.
d. I don’t’ buy your story. 我不相信你的鬼话。
    A: I have won the scholarship. 我获得了奖学金。
    B: I don’t’ buy your story. 我不相信你的鬼话。
c. Get off with you! 去你的,我才不信呢!
    = I wouldn’t worry about that!
3. 同意
a. I agree totally. 我完全同意。
    ◆I’m all for it. 我十分赞同你。
b. I really feel for you. 我与你的想法一样。
    ◆I see what you mean. 我了解你的意思。
c. That’s fair. 那就行了。
    A: How does it sound? 听起来怎样?
    B: That’s fair. 那就行了。
d. I can’t object to it. 我无任何异议。
    ◆No problem here. 这儿没问题。
    ◆I don’t have any objection to it. 我没任何异议。
4. 反对
a. Don’t be so silly! 别犯傻了!
    A: Let’s cut tomorrow’s lessons and go shopping, ok? 明天不上课,去逛街怎么样?
    B: Don’t be so silly! Mr. Brown will be mad about us. 别犯傻了!布朗老师会气疯的。
b. I wouldn’t say that. 我可不这样认为。
    A: They’re very good friends, aren’t they? 他们是好朋友吧?
    B: I wouldn’t say that. They seem to be on good terms but actually they always speak ill of each other. 我可不这样认为。他们看起来好像关系不错,但是背后经常互相诋毁。
c. Sorry, but I can’t go along with you. 抱歉,我不赞同。
    ◆I wish I could agree with you. 我真希望我能赞成。
d. I don’t see eye to eye with you. 我和你们的想法不一样。
    A: Are you satisfied with our design? 你对我们的设计满意吗?
    B: I don’t see eye to eye with you. 我和你们的想法不一样。
e. I can’t buy that. 我无法相信。
    = I refuse to believe that.
    ◆That doesn’t make sense. 那不合乎道理。
f. Let’s not. 算了吧!
   A: Let’s go shopping. 我们去逛街吧。
   B: Let’s not. 算了吧!

III 生活场景句
日常电话

1. 打电话
a. Is this David residence? 请问是大卫家吗?
    A: Is this David residence? 请问是大卫家吗?
    B: Yes, it is. 是的。
b. Sorry, I have misdialed. 对不起,我打错了。
    ◆I’m afraid I have the wrong number. 恐怕我拨错号码了。

2. 接电话
a. Nobody here by that name. 这儿没这个人。
    = No one lives here by that name.
    = There’s no one here by that name.
b. I’m sorry it took so long. 对不起,让您久等了。
    = Sorry about that.
    = Thanks for holding.

3. 接听故障
a. Her line is busy at the moment. 她正在打电话。
    = She is on another line.
b. My phone is out of order. 我的电话坏了。
    = My phone is not working.
c. There is a lot of background noise here. 有好多杂音。
    A: Could you speak up? There is a lot of background noise here. 你能大点声吗?有好多杂音。
  B: I said I’d like to speak to David. 我说,我想和大卫通话。

4. 挂断电话
a. Something urgent has come up. 我现在有点儿急事。
    A: Something urgent has come up. 我现在有点儿急事。
    B: Well, I’ll call you later. 好吧,我待会儿再打给你。
b. Is that all? 都讲完了吗?
    ◆Is there anything else? 还有别的事吗?
c. I’m sorry to have taken so much of your time. 对不起,占用您这么多时间。
    A: I’m sorry to have taken so much of your time. 对不起,占用您这么多时间。
    B: You’re welcome. 不客气。
d. Sorry, I’d better go now. 抱歉,我要挂电话了。
    A: I’m calling to ask you some questions about Susan. 我打电话是想问一些关于苏珊的事情。
    B: Sorry, I’d better go now. 抱歉,我要挂电话了。